Sunday, July 16, 2006

Amazing Grace

In the economy of God’s grace there is a both common and specific expression. God’s common graces are those events and items that both the sinner and the saint can enjoy. God’s specific grace are reserved only for those who, though repentance and faith, are redeemed by the words and works of Jesus Christ.

The following is a list (in no particular order) my top five common graces:

A WORK OF FINE ART
From a sculpture to a watercolor…nothing captures God’s common grace like a hand crafted piece of fine art.

A WELL PREPARED AND PRESENTED MEAL:
There are few things in life that can compare to the finest ingredients prepared and plated to perfection.

Think of the many cultures and flavors that God has given to all peoples to enjoy.

A fine chocolate. A perfectly prepared steak. Fresh picked vegetables and fruits.

Now I am including the fact that where you eat this fine meal is essential. Pick your category. High-rise building at night or a crisp ocean balcony.

A SUFFICIENT REST
After working hard… to find the best spot and sleep until one is rested…but not oversleeping.

Air circulation is key…cool yet comfortable.

A KISS FROM YOUR TRUE LOVE
I am not talking your high school prom date…I mean true interpersonal intimacy.

A SWEET ROCK AND ROLL LYRIC
Nothing beats rock and roll to display (in a crooked mirror) an exact replication of the soul of man.

Nothing displays the view of something better than a song lyric, and nothing kicks like rock and roll…especially the infamous rock ballet.

There you have it…Now, I understand that some might argue for an expression of athletic mastery to be considered under the top five. I did not include my basket ball skills as one of the top five for a reason…. my basketball game falls in another theological category of God’s grace.

3 comments:

miriam said...

good post.
but absolutely incomplete without basketball in there.

Nate B. said...

Hey, good post, Man. You summed up exactly what I've been thinking about lately. If you're interested, check out my unrelated article here.

Seriously though, I dig the fact that you're starting a blog. The students especially are going to love it. I look forward to future posts, as I check back in from time to time.

Fellow online nerd,
NB

JPK said...

Nice. Very Nice.

Check out my other blog!

www.nobodyreadsthisblogeither.blogspot.com