Sunday, September 03, 2006

Book Worm

Scott Zeller asked if I would post this list…and as all things SZ I am honored to serve.

I know that the list is “one book”, but in some cases several books came to mind.


1. One book that changed your life: Future Grace by Piper; Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands by Tripp, A Call to Spiritual Reformation by D.A Carson

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Minister as Shepherd Charles Jefferson, Most Jerry Bridges Books.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Systematic Theology: Wayne Grudem

4. One book that made you laugh: Letters from a Nut by Ted L. Nancy…I laughed out loud by myself.

5. One book that made you cry: I am more of a movie crier…but Where is the Mango Princess? By Cathy Crimmins is as close as I have gotten…unless you count my undergraduate transcripts.

6. One book you wish had been written: Autobiography of Walt Disney

7. One book you wish had never been written: The Koran

8. One book you’re currently reading: Spurgeon: A New Biography by Arnold A. Dallimore

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The Brothers Karamazov; His Excellency George Washington by Joseph J. Ellis

8 comments:

miriam said...

can you do question 10, joe?

10. One book that Miriam should read this semester:

JPK said...

#10
The Discipline of Grace by Jerry Bridges. Read the first three chapters...to see if I made a good call.

Jonathan Holmes said...

Hey Joe...love your blog. Just signed up for a blogger account just so I could leave comments on your blog.

JPK said...

Holmes,

I look forward to it. Call me. Want to hang out on Saturday?

miriam said...

okay. thanks. i'll try to find it at the library.

Nate B. said...

Joe,

Good job in the C-Stone pulpit yesterday.... though I have to admit, I thought we were past that whole parking spot incident.

Also, what's with 22 days between posts? Seems a little long.

- NB

Jonathan Holmes said...

How about a new post?

Jodi said...

Hey JPK,
Just found your blog a couple months ago, and was excited about such a find, but haven't found too many new posts lately. =) What's the trouble... are you like the Dean of Students at some college or something? Anyway, mostly just wanted to say hi, but you're fun to bug, so this is a good chance. Catcha later.