Sunday, June 10, 2007

Homosexuality

I have had the privilege of walking though this issue in the lives of several young men and this issue is gaining national recognition. I believe that homosexuality, gender identity, and bi-sexuality will be a core issue in the church in the next five years. I had lunch with a friend that is dealing with homosexual desires yesterday. I am thinking about how to bring some clear thinking about how men can disciple men through the issue of homosexual desires. You don't think that a christian man can struggle with homosexuality...that is exactly the mindset that should be investigated biblically. The only guy out there that is talking about it from a current perspective is Albert Mohler. I was reminded of this article and thought I would share it with you.

I am currently working on a lecture entitled "I know homosexuality is a sin, so now what?" I want to develop some clear gates that every man dealing biblically with the issue of homosexuality should walk through. Hopefully, these gates will then become common vocabulary for spiritual men to help those dealing with this issue. I am prayerfully considering teaching this material at the TMC men's split chapel this fall.

"9Do you not know that the unrighteous[b] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[c] 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God
" I Corinthians 6:9-11

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the updates Joe! Preach it, sexuality is for sure a huge issue. I'm already seeing it come to play in the last couple weeks.

JPK said...

I am too. I am going to check out some christian ministries to post-gays in the LA area this summer.Any resources that you know of pass them along.

Unknown said...

hey jpk... thanks for this. The link to Mohler's article was most helpful - already passed it along to others.

Trixie

www.thehulets.wordpress.com