Saturday, June 09, 2007

Sleeping with a 3 year old

I have been catching up with my family this week. Namely, camping and visiting the grandparents. This means that I have been sleeping next to Sam. This has been a great time to enjoy him and my family. It has also given me much appreciation to Heidi for what she does all day. I have also enjoyed the simple pleasures of being awakened by my son every morning.

Being in this stage of life with young kids places things into perspective. The christian life really is lived in small acts of faith in obedience. That rhythm being established into the heartbeat of the daily life. It is just as godly to listen to and serve my 3 year old as it is to preach a sermon. The same spirituality is required although the mechanism is the same.

No comments: